Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Bodypower fever


It's that crazy time of year again - Body Power fever. A weekend of fitness loving people all under what was one sweaty sun-trapping roof.

I arrived on Saturday at Body Power as part of the JG Fitness Team. Recently I was asked to become an ambassador for a company who I believe will take the industry by storm.

The ethics behind the brand created by Josh Goodfellow are inspiring and a reap passion - something of which I am very proud to be part of and will continue to work with in the future. Being asked to be their only female ambassador was a complete honour, and I know I will do them proud and represent their company to the best of my ability.

I believe body power should be used as a great tool for motivation. It was a chance to put some faces to names of people I have spoken via social networking over the last few years. It was also a chance to be around like-minded people which is often something I lack from my own city and circle.

The fitness industry is undoubtedly competitive, but rather than seeing it as an opportunity to pick at my flaws, I relished in being in the company of those I admire, and left feeling motivated to work hard and achieve just as others have.

It also reminded me of my own personal journey, and although there may be people who have more 'trophies' or 'status' than I have, my own mental and physical achievements are my awards.

I wouldn't change my journey for anything. Yes it has been tough, but I am proud to be earning my body whilst my happy personality still remains. I think it's so important that you remain positive in the fitness industry - an amazing set of abs is one thing, but an amazing smile, and personality wins for me every time.

It's no use having an awesome body if you constantly feel miserable because of it.  A sustainable approach is key and mental wellbeing is just as important as how good you look in the gym. The people I truly admired this weekend weren't the ones posing or strutting, they were the ones who took the time to really get to know your goals, offered advice and restored my faith in the industry.

I have decided to set myself a goal for the end of summer - a project with one of my best friends Sarah-Emma Hughes. This goal will keep me focused, and be a huge step for both my confidence and training progression. I'm excited to keep pushing one rep at a time, and this weekend has given me a great boost of motivation to see just how far I can go with my transformation.


14 weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment