Pages

Saturday 16 November 2013

Festive feasting.

Has anyone ever noticed how many 'holidays' are geared towards food? Easter, Christmas, birthdays, even now 'chip shop Friday'....

Food is undoubtedly a social substance and it can often gather people together more than anything else.


As it's getting towards Christmas, many people have started with the 'what on earth are you going to eat' jibes, just is the case with the 'but you don't eat cake?!' jibes that come at birthdays and gatherings.
When you lead a healthy lifestyle, to those who choose not to, you can often appear like an alien life-form. I think my favourite jibes recently have to be the ones that go something like: "you're so skinny, you need to eat a pie..."

1) I don't like pie.
2) Skinny people don't have an ass like a spaceship like my behind.

Wrong assumptions that I am starving myself are hilarious. In reality I am probably eating more than most of them put together.

I am a volume eater, I like to fill my plate, but instead of that being with chips, it's with greens. That doesn't however mean that I'm eating any less, and I'm definitely leaving the table feeling full and satisfied.

I make the decisions on what I eat based upon how it makes me feel. Good, nutritious food gives me better energy, clearer skin, and in my opinion happens to taste bloody good too! This does not mean if I fancy cake I'll never have it, I just won't be taking part in one piece a day like some people.

I never deprive myself. No one is making me live the lifestyle I lead and yes, I may choose to have a few less roast potatoes on my Christmas dinner this year but that doesn't mean I'll be joining in on the festivities any less than the rest.

I never preach the healthy lifestyle to anyone. I make my food and fitness decisions based upon my goals but I do not see myself as above those who choose to over-indulge.

You have to do what makes you happiest in life, and living this way makes me feel like I am doing all I can to achieve my best.

So to those who think they know it all, with their 'witty' comments and sarcastic digs, you get stuck into your big slab of cake and leave me and my Tupperware alone. I'm not doing you any harm... a lot less than that cake anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment