Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

staying afloat


 
I've always said that everything is irrelevant if you're not happy. Life hands us difficult moments to test our strength of character and determination to battle on. Those that experience difficulties often turn out to be my favourite kind of people - those people with stories to tell, who are on a special journey of self-discovery and health preservation.

Just lately one thing I haven't found difficult is summoning the courage to exercise and it seems to be my one release from tense moments in my life at the moment. Training for around 60minutes is my one hour a day where I feel accomplished and confident. It is the rest of the day where moments of self-doubt and worry often creep upon me.

The battles we face in life can come in all shapes and sizes. Battling with making the right decisions in nutrition, battling with who to trust, and battling with a constant fear of all the effort not being worth it in the end.

I am quickly learning lately to choose my battles carefully. I seem to have avoided binges (apart from with almond butter) for the fact that I can no longer deal with the overwhelming feeling of guilt that comes with it. I have also learnt to slowly remove the toxic people from my life, who do not understand me as well as I once thought.

It is important to surround yourself with people who with help and not hinder your progress. This can often be difficult when you appear to be a lot more focused than your immediate family and friends, but lately I have been introduced to some wonderful people who are changing my mind about kind human beings.

One thing I always hope is that I'll never lose my overwhelming wish to help people. Although I do believe it is important to be selfish at times, if I can help people feel better about themselves in some way then I will do my very best to do so.

I myself also have times where I need someone to lean on and a few people this week have taught me that with the right guidance I will eventually learn to personally develop into a much more emotionally as well as physically strong person. I will never feel ashamed for asking for help, sometimes our brains are not physically capable of holding on to so much worry and stressful thoughts and sometimes they need to be spilled out to people willing to catch them. 

Be kind, for everyone is fighting a battle - a battle you may not know anything about, or that you may never fully understand. Help if you can because one day you may need someone to help you just as much. You can't expect to feel okay all of the time, but you can surround yourself with positive people who keep you afloat when you feel like you're sinking.


Special thanks to: @SarahEmmaLDNM, @WOODERSON1978  @Mr_Jay_J and @DanThomasPT for their constant support.

No comments:

Post a Comment