Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

How badly do you want it?

After doing some work for a pretty famous friend, I was inundated with people asking for advice about weight loss. People who know me will know I am always happy to help people on their journey to a better body. I  may not have qualifications, but I do have life experiences and I have lived first-hand through a steady weight loss over the last few years and faced some rocky experiences along the way.

I will happily tell people what I know but I will not

a) waste my time.
 b) lie.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of people who like the thought of changing their bodies, but do not have the willpower nor the drive to get themselves off the sofa. I'd like a huge car, a nice house, my dream job etc but I know all these things won't be handed to me. To achieve my ambitions in life, I must first put in a lot of effort and hard work. This is just the same as achieving a better body.


When speaking to someone in need, I can tell straight away whether they will achieve their goals and it is usually by the following questions:

"How did you lose the weight?"
"How long did it take you."

It is obvious that the answer to the above is - through a lot of hard work, and quite a long time. Unfortunately, this isn't the response most people want to hear. They want 'oh it was easy' and 'you'll do it in a few weeks,' when in reality, to maintain a healthy weight loss takes a lot of sweat, tears, time and efforts and in all honesty, if you're not willing to make sacrifices, then you won't achieve.

I am not going to tell you my journey was easy. That would be a lie. There's been tears, frustration and even moments of bulimia. I've messed around with my body in order to try and speed up the process, when in reality I should have simply listened to my body, and reacted accordingly with the right diet, and exercise.

It's been a long struggle but I am finally finding my training/life balance. I've stopped worrying about others around me, and trying to achieve that 'inspirational' body. I train 6 days a week, not because I want to be 'skinny' but because it's my only 'me' time. It's my one hour where my brain shuts off to all the worries of bills, work, and life. 

I'm sorry I can't tell you it will be easy, there is no magical pill that will take away your insecurities, but eventually you will realise that although you may have not attained your dream body just yet, you are so much closer than you once were. It's a long battle, and probably one that will continue for as long as unhealthy foods are so readily available, but all the efforts, they're all worth it, when you can look in the mirror and know you earned every curve.

So how long did it take me? In my eyes, my journey has only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment