Pages

Monday 24 February 2014

Inner strength.



I've often been known to stress the importance of maintaining a healthy mind-set as well as a healthy body. This is been particularly important to me recently when my courage and positivity has been put to the test.

To those who do not train regularly, the idea that you can spend every day doing exercise is often seen as completely alien. 'What do you do for fun though?' is often asked when I talk about my working, training routine.

For me, the gym is my release, it is my fun, my playground. This is been a particularly amazing tool lately when going through some tough family times and knowing I could escape the worries of the world for an hour or two.

Sitting on hospital wards, surrounded by people in so much pain and discomfort echoed the importance for me of looking after your health. Of course I want to look the best I can, but I also want to ensure I am giving myself the best possible quality of life to be able to enjoy with loved ones, not simply focusing on being pleasing on the eye.

Those who lose sight of those around you, and become so focused on self-improvement are indisputably passionate, but seeing some of the people I love most in the world suffering has made me realise that it isn't all about looking good.

This week I have trained hard, but loved harder.  I have used the gym as my distraction, not for a tool for selfies and sexiness. I think the penny has finally dropped, that in order to succeed with a transformation, you must fall in love with the process. Every problem you face must be done with confidence and with passion, and then the results of the hard work will eventually come.

Lifting weights not only helps my confidence, it is the best tool to remind myself that although at times I may feel weak, I am stronger than I think and just as I will lift bars and pull weight, I will lift my loved ones and pull myself together.

We are sent tough moments to test our strength of character, and I can say after a tough week, I'm still holding on and looking forward to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment