Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

Biggest Loser's Jessie: "I catch my boyfriend looking at bigger girls."

Jessie Before and After her 8st weight loss

Biggest Loser contestant Jessie St John-Sharpe, 23, has lost 8 stone and nearly 40% of her body weight in total since appearing in the show in 2012.

In an exclusive interview, whilst working out on the treadmill, she told me about her weight loss journey, future goals, and how her boyfriend still prefers curvier girls….



Jessie's weight loss journey began in 2012 after deciding to apply for a place on the I
TV1 programme
"The Biggest Loser."
She applied for the show with best friend Tamara Mason after being desperately unhappy with her weight.



 At 18st 11lbs, Jessie said she considered a gastric band but couldn't afford the procedure:

"Eating became a way of life, I didn't believe I could be any different.  I wanted surgery because I thought it was the only way out."
The show combines military-style training sessions with advanced diet and cooking tips. Each contestant must fight for their place to continue on the programme by competing in weekly challenges. With no contact from the outside world for the duration of the stay, contestants are forced into round the clock fitness and healthy eating:

"You're cut off from the world, it's constant and it's really hard work."

Despite at times finding it difficult, Jessie claims staying in The Biggest Loser house became an obsession:
"I didn't want to come home, I was young, I knew all my friends would be watching - Imagine how embarrassing it would have been if I had quit. There's a stigma with young people and not sticking things out - I never wanted to give up!"

Even after being crowned Biggest Loser 2012's Runner Up, and the most successful female contestant in history, Jessie claimed she often received online abuse:
"I get abuse on YouTube off girls saying I'll never be thin etc. Some people just can't be happy for you! "

Despite some negative comments, her supportive boyfriend has stuck by her throughout her journey.  Although at times Jessie says she finds it hard to be with someone who doesn't quite understand her passion for fitness, she knows he will support her throughout:
"It's real love. He loved me when I was bigger, and he still loves me now. I even catch him looking at bigger girls sometimes, he's into bigger girls but he says he's just happy now I'm happy."

Although Jessie has been chatted up by several guys since her dramatic weight loss, she says she's never been tempted:
"When I see buff good looking guys all I see is arrogance, they were probably the ones calling me names when I was bigger!"

Currently working as a self-employed personal trainer, Jessie says she is proud of everything she has achieved but does not have her perfect 'beach body yet'.
Training 4/5 times a week including walking daily, she hopes to make it big in the future by becoming a well-established personal trainer and someone people can relate to.
"I am in constant competition with myself, it's important to set goals, so you have something to work towards."

As well as training several clients in their homes, Jessie is also currently up for Personal Trainer of the Year Award after being recommended by Biggest Loser winner Kevin McLernon.

She hopes this award will recognise her achievements over the last few years and highlight her as a face to watch out for in the fitness future.
"I'm proud of what I've achieved, but it's not over yet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment